Zierick offers its newest insulation piercing connector — the SMT Fine Wire Connector. This connector offers a cost-efficient, reliable solution for solid, stranded or tinsel wire terminations. By allowing reliable one-step multiple wire termination within a plastic housing, the connector reduces assembly costs and provides a more durable wire connection.
Zierick’s Fine Wire Connector design builds on Insulation Piercing Connector (IPC) technology, which is the ideal method for wire termination. IPC technology allows multiple wires to be terminated simultaneously without being stripped first.
This fine wire IPC connector features a unique design of four wire housing holes and four individual piercing blades that can accommodate solid, stranded or tinsel wire. The piercing blades are made to go in one direction only, and maintain a continuous force on each wire. Its durable plastic housing provides excellent wire retention.
First, these IPC connectors are surface mounted to the PCB. After reflow, the insulated wires are inserted into the holes of the housing. Force is then applied to the top of the plastic housing and the piercing blades cut through the insulation and penetrate into the wire core—completing the wire connection process.
Zierick’s SMT Fine Wire Connector:
Saves you labor time and costs.
- Eliminates the need to solder wires to the PCB
- Allows for the efficient termination of multiple wires at the same time
- Maintains consistent pressure on the wires for better conductor contact
- Provides superior retention to the board
- Uses minimal PCB real estate
- Offers the least expensive method for wire termination
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Features four wire housing holes and four individual piercing blades that can accommodate from 32 AWG to 26 AWG solid, strand or tinsel wire;
- Eliminates need to solder wires to the PCB;
- Allows four wires to be terminated simultaneously without being stripped first;
- Saves assembly cost and provides a more durable wire connection;
- Uses minimal PCB real estate;
- Its plastic housing resists high reflow temperatures and provides excellent wire protection;
- Can be automatically fed using standard tape and reel or a special bowl feeder.
|LOOSE PART NO.||IPC-4-35||IPC-4-45|
|TAPED PART NO.||IPC-4-35-T||IPC-4-45-T|
|SMALL REEL PART NO.||IPC-4-35-T-SR||IPC-4-45-T-SR|
|DIM 'A'||0.035" (0.89mm) REF||0.045" (1.14mm) REF|
|WIRE ACCOMMODATION||From 32 AWG to 28 AWG solid, stranded or tinsel wire; with insulation diameter of 0.025" - 0.032"||
From 32 AWG to 26 AWG solid, stranded or tinsel wire; with insulation diameter of 0.033" - 0.043"
IPC-4-45 has an ID chamfer in the plastic housing.
|DIM 'B'||0.063" (1.60mm)||0.070" (1.78mm)|
|CONTACT PLATING||100% Matte Tin over Copper (0)|
|TERMINATION FORCE||Approx. 80 lbs (for 4 wire)|
|INSULATION MATERIAL||PPS GS-40 40% glass filled|
|CONTACT MATERIAL||C26000 Brass|
|UL FLAMMABILITY RATING||94V-0|
|MARKINGS||Z (Zierick logo) and cavity number|
|CURRENT RATING/WIRE SIZE||2 Amp. per blade|
|INSULATION RESISTANCE||> 1 x 109Ω @ 500 VDC|
|CONTACT RESISTANCE||< 20 mΩ|
|WITHSTANDING VOLTAGE||500 VRMS @ Sea Level|
-67°F to 221°F
(-55°C to 105°C)
|U.S. Patent No. 7,320,616|
|Zierick recommends .006" (0.15mm) stencil thickness for most applications. For other stencil thicknesses, call Zierick's product development department.|